Application is now open for Tetley and Lupton International Scholarships at the University of Leeds. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Leeds and Scholarship
The history of the institution is intertwined with Leeds’s rise to prominence as a global hub for the Victorian-era British textile and apparel industries. The foundation of medical schools in English cities for the benefit of the populace is where the university got its start.
Tetley and Lupton International Scholarships are available at the University of Leeds in the United Kingdom. The curriculum is available for the 2024–2025 school year. To participate in the university’s one-year full-time taught Masters, MRes, or Masters by Research program, candidates from outside the United States are only eligible for five awards.
Details about Tetley and Lupton International Scholarships at the University of Leeds:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Leeds, UK
Scholarship Value: £26,000
Number of awards: 5
Study level: Masters/Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Leeds, UK
The following study-related costs will be paid for by the University of Leeds:
- The scholarship pays for the whole cost of tuition if the program’s University fee rate is less than £26,000.
- Recipients get £26,000 as a donation toward academic costs if the University fee rate is greater than £26,000; they are then liable for the remaining expenses. It is required of applicants to pay for their upkeep. No extra funds for research or trip expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for Tetley and Lupton International Scholarships
Candidates are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for Tetley and Lupton International Scholarships at the University of Leeds:
- International students, especially those from the EU, are eligible.
- Approved Course(s): Any subject that the institution offers for one-year full-time taught Masters, MRes, or Masters by Research programs is acceptable.
- Acceptable Requirements: To be considered, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements: Only foreign fee payers (including candidates from the EU) who want to pursue a full-time, one-year taught master’s, master’s by research, or master’s degree are eligible for these prizes. Candidates should be regarded as the “best of the best,” meaning that they should have an undergraduate first degree that is equal to a UK first-class honors degree (i.e., successful candidates are likely to be in the top 5% of their BSc/BA cohort).
- Supporting Documents: By the scholarship deadline, provide all necessary supporting papers for the study application.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must fulfill the prerequisites set out by the University of Leeds for postgraduate research studies.
- Language Requirement: An IELTS score of 6.0 overall, including at least 5.5 in each of the four components (speaking, writing, listening, and reading), or an equivalent score, is required for admission to the University of Leeds’ postgraduate research program. You must fulfill the higher English language admission criteria if it exists for the school or faculty to which you have applied. For the test to be legitimate, it must be taken no later than two years from the course start date.
Application Procedure for Tetley and Lupton International Scholarships
Please be aware that applications for Masters by Research are only eligible to use the guidelines below. Please check here for instructions if you would want to apply for this scholarship for a taught master’s program.
Step 1: Fill out a study application form and apply for a research place of study first.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must submit your study application with all necessary supporting documentation. Applications for studies that do not include the supporting documentation that is required by the scholarship deadline will not be awarded.
Please be aware that if your application for this scholarship is not accepted, you are still eligible to apply for other scholarships or research study opportunities that the University of Leeds offers.
*The website of the school or faculty where you are applying to study lists the supporting papers you must provide with your study application.
Step 2: complete the online application form as soon as you have your nine-digit Student Application ID. Please be aware that the Postgraduate Scholarships Office will not reply to inquiries on the status of an application until the result is revealed owing to the high volume of applicants.
Please get in touch with the Postgraduate Scholarships Office for more details.
The Submission Deadline is: 01 February 2024