Application is now open for The Skoll Scholarship for MBA Studies at the University of Oxford. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School and Scholarship
The University of Oxford is a coed research university based in Oxford, England. With evidence of instruction dating back to 1096, it is the second-oldest institution currently in operation and the oldest university in the English-speaking world.
Sad Business School (often referred to as Oxford Sad or SBS) is the name of the business school at the University of Oxford. The institution offers management education and is routinely rated as one of the best business schools in the world.
The Oxford MBA is well known for its emphasis on social entrepreneurship in particular. Only Stanford GSB (17%) and Harvard Business School (9%) have more MBA alumni launch their own business immediately after graduation (9%), with the average being about 9%. Oxford Said was ranked #20 internationally and #14 for female founders in PitchBook’s rating of MBA programs for founders in 2020 and 2021. Oxford was placed #8 globally in PitchBook’s 2022 rating for the proportion of graduates and MBAs that established capital-backed firms, with 1,083 founders launching 905 businesses and raising $34 billion in capital.
The Oxford School of Management Studies became the Sad Business School in 1996 as a result of a gift from Wafic Sad. New facilities were built and opened in 2001 on Park End Street. The Thatcher Business Education Centre was opened in the same place in 2012 following another donation from Sad. The School already has a location in the former Templeton College neighborhood of Egrove Park, and in 2019 it bought an abandoned power plant in Osney to convert it into a center for global leadership.
Applications for the Skoll Scholarship for MBA Studies for the 2024 academic year are invited from eligible individuals who are interested in earning an MBA at the University of Oxford. The Skoll Scholarship for Oxford MBA offers selected students a full scholarship together with a living stipend to finish an MBA degree.
Details about The Skoll Scholarship for MBA Studies at the University of Oxford:
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Skoll Foundation
Scholarship Value: Fully funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (MBA)
Host Institution(s): University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School
Eligibility Criteria for The Skoll Scholarship for MBA Studies
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Skoll Scholarship for MBA Studies at the University of Oxford:
- Must provide evidence of having found opportunities and acting on them to create a good societal influence.
- Should have at least three years of experience using entrepreneurial methods to drive change.
- Candidates can show the results and effects of their entrepreneurial efforts.
- Possess the characteristics of a social entrepreneur personally.
- Explain why a business education is crucial to the growth of your career and effect.
- Show why you need the scholarship.
- Prove that paying for the program is a serious financial hardship.
Application Procedures for the Skoll Scholarship for MBA Studies at the University of Oxford
The following procedures must be followed to submit an online application for the Skoll Scholarship for Oxford MBA 2024:
- Connect to express your interest in the Scholarship and to get informed about updates on approaching deadlines.
- Submit your application for the Oxford MBA program directly to Sad Business School. Either stage 1 or stage 2 of the MBA admissions process must involve doing this.
- You should attach your answers to the Skoll Scholarship essay questions with your MBA application. The “Funding” part of the MBA application is where you’ll find the scholarship essay questions. Give yourself a week or so to finish the Skoll Scholarship essay prompts.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
Application Deadline: 5 January 2024