Application is now open for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program at any Institution in the United States. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the Scholarship
The 2024/2025 Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP), which seeks to allow full-time undergraduate students from Tunisia to spend one academic year studying non-degree subjects in a U.S. university or college, is now accepting applications for the 2024–2025 academic year.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP) provides young people with the necessary skills to support economic growth, stability, and democratic progress in Tunisia via academic opportunity, professional participation, and leadership development.
Details about the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program:
Scholarship Sponsor(s): United States Department of State
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: All study level
Host Institution(s): Institutions in the United States
Eligibility Criteria for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program
To be considered for the 2023-2024 Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP), applicants are to note that the program is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- You must be a Tunisian citizen.
- You must currently reside in Tunisia.
- You must be enrolled as a full-time, undergraduate student at a registered academic institution in Tunisia and be in good academic standing at the time of application.
- You must NOT be in the final year of your undergraduate program at the time of application. Engineering students are eligible in their first or second year (preparatory classes), and third and fourth year of undergraduate study.
- You must be able to receive a U.S. J-1 visa.
- You must be at least 18 years old by July 1, 2024.
- You must be committed to returning to Tunisia after completing the program.
- You must be able to achieve a TOEFL score of at least 500.
- You must have completed the academic year before studying in the United States in good standing with a passing average (moyenne générale).
Application Process for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP) 2024–2025 is accepting online applications. Interested parties can apply here or by clicking the “Apply Now” button on the official site. Candidates are expected to complete all application requirements, including providing the contact details for two references. Two distinct people who can vouch for your qualifications as a prospective scholarship winner must fill out references 1 and 2. To inquire about TJSP applications, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Submission Deadline is: November 30, 2023