Application is now open for the (UniSQ) Regional Leaders Scholarship at the University of Southern Queensland. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Southern Queensland and Scholarship
Three research institutes and seven research centers of the University of Southern Queensland are dedicated to studying topics including agricultural technology, rural health, environmental management, biotechnology, educational leadership, web-based services, and fiber composite materials. In the broad field of agriculture and the environment, UniSQ has large and core research strengths based on competitive grants received and industry-funded research collaborations. Vice-chancellor Bill Lovegrove reported in 2008 that this core research strength had produced over $10 million in new grant and industrial financing. The university founded the Institute for Agriculture and the Environment (IAgE) in 2003, complete with upgraded pathology and biotechnology labs. In 2017, the university and the government worked together to create the Queensland Drought Mitigation Centre (QDMC).
The university began modernizing the Agricultural Science and Engineering Precinct (ASEP) in 2017 as part of the massive $15 million campus expansion. This included building new microbiology laboratories, glasshouses, dehumidified storage, and controlled ecological environments, developing strategies for soil pathogen resistance, and implementing vision sensing and robotics trials.
One (UniSQ) Regional Leaders Scholarship will be made available by UniSQ in 2024 to help a student who is starting their studies for a bachelor’s degree. This unique scholarship seeks to provide the greatest levels of assistance for aspiring regional leaders. It is funded by the yearly returns of an endowment fund that contributors to the University have been building up since the early 2000s.
Details about (UniSQ) Regional Leaders Scholarship at the University of Southern Queensland:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Southern Queensland, Australia
Scholarship Value: $30,000
Number of awards: 1
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Southern Queensland, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for (UniSQ) Regional Leaders Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be eligible for the (UniSQ) Regional Leaders Scholarship at the University of Southern Queensland:
- be a domestic student currently living in Australia
- be a new student
- be an Australian resident of a regional, rural, or remote location who graduated from Year 12 in 2022 or 2023
- be planning to enroll full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at UniSQ during Study Period 1 2024 (for example, Trimester 1 2024).
- have the intention of residing in one of the UniSQ Residential Colleges on the Toowoomba site.
- be planning to enroll in the on-campus option (unless the program or study units aren’t available there).
- Answer each of the following questions about your statement in no more than 250 words:
- How do you view yourself as a future professional in your area, your former leadership positions;
- How these experiences will prepare you for future leadership potential are some of the factors that encouraged and influenced you to pick your planned study program at UniSQ.
- give proof that you reside permanently in or have moved to a regional, rural, or remote location of Australia (MM2–MM7) for your studies according to the Modified Monash Model 2019.
- Give examples to back up any statements you make in your statement about your former community or school leadership responsibilities.
- present academic accomplishment documentation as requested throughout the application process:
- high school transcript or a transcript of results from a post-secondary institution, such as a school, TAFE, etc.
Please Note: If a candidate has received additional scholarships from UniSQ, this may be taken into account while making a decision. Some scholarships cannot be held concurrently; for instance, candidates cannot concurrently hold this award and an Academic Excellence award.
Application Procedure for (UniSQ) Regional Leaders Scholarship
Application must be made through the UniSQ Scholarships Online Application Management System. If you need help in completing your application please download the Scholarship Online Application Manual.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500
The Submission Deadline is: November 20, 2023