Application is now open for the University of Southern Queensland UniSQ Residential College Scholarship. Interested candidates are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Southern Queensland and Scholarship
The University of Southern Queensland (UniSQ) is a medium-sized regional university in Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia, having three university campuses in Toowoomba, Springfield, and Ipswich. It provides classes in law, medicine, engineering, science, business, education, and the arts. The Darling Downs campus of the Queensland Institute of Technology was founded in 1969. In 1970, the university offered study programs for rural Queenslanders and international students. It was renamed the Darling Downs Institute of Advanced Education in 1971, the University College of Southern Queensland in 1990, and the University of Southern Queensland in 1992.
It has three research institutions and seven research centers that work on a variety of business, agricultural, scientific, environmental, and technical challenges. The institution is known for having Australia’s largest Japanese-designed garden, the largest solar-integrated parking, and a library with rainforest and water elements. The institution received the worldwide Green Gown award in 2017 for its commitment to sustainability, which focuses on renewable energy, waste reduction, water retention, and the incorporation of sustainability into strategic planning.
UniSQ will grant a handful of Residential College Scholarships in 2024 to students staying at UniSQ Residential Colleges in Toowoomba who are starting or continuing their undergraduate studies. The maximum duration of each scholarship is one year, and it must be used to pay for semester or triennium housing at the UniSQ Residential Colleges, Toowoomba site. The study breaks and transient housing are not covered by the scholarship.
Details about the University of Southern Queensland UniSQ Residential College Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Southern Queensland, Australia
Scholarship Value: $6000 (for students studying in Trimesters) or
$7500 (for students studying in Semesters)
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Southern Queensland, Australia
UniSQ Residential College Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to meet the following prerequisites to be eligible for the University of Southern Queensland UniSQ Residential College Scholarship:
- be a domestic student currently living in Australia
- have a household income that is modest to middle class and does not exceed the eligibility criterion
- be commencing or continuing their undergraduate studies at UniSQ
- Continued students are required to maintain an acceptable GPA (4.0).
- be residing at, or planning to reside at, one of the UniSQ Residential Colleges on the Toowoomba campus
- have their primary residence at least 50 kilometers away
- be enrolled in, or intend to enroll in 2024 courses
- not be a resident of Steele Rudd College Block A or B.
For more details, please view the Scholarship Award Conditions
- present documentation of your financial situation as instructed during the application procedure.
- Show proof that you had to move from a permanent address at least 50 miles away from the UniSQ Toowoomba campus (exceptional circumstances may apply if your primary residence is not at least 50 miles away from the campus; in that case, you must explain your situation in detail and provide documentation).
- a minimum of two study units every semester or trimester (students taking just one unit will have exceptional circumstances taken into consideration).
*The Modified Monash Model states that students who must migrate from more rural parts of Australia will receive special attention – refer to Health Workforce Locator.
Application Procedure for UniSQ Residential College Scholarship
Application must be made through the UniSQ Scholarships Online Application Management System. If you require help in completing your application please download the Scholarship Online Application Manual. You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: January 22, 2024