Application is now open for the University of Brighton Sports Scholarships. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Brighton and Scholarship
On England’s south coast, in Brighton and Eastbourne, there are four campuses of the public institution known as the University of Brighton. Its beginnings may be found in 1858, the year the Brighton School of Art first opened its doors in the Royal Pavilion. In 1992, it was designated as a university.
The University places a strong emphasis on practical, artistic, and professional education; the majority of degrees granted are also acknowledged by professional organizations or lead to professional certifications. Pharmacy, engineering, ecology, computer science, mathematics, mathematics education, architecture, geology, nursing, teaching, sports science, journalism, criminology, and business are among the topics covered. It has about 2,400 employees and 18,000 pupils. According to the QS World University Rankings, the university is among the top 100 globally for art and design.
The university has four campuses: one in Eastbourne and three in Brighton (Falmer, City, and Moulsecoomb). The People & Planet’s University League table, which ranks UK institutions based on their environmental and ethical performance, gave the University of Brighton a first-class distinction in 2018. The University’s Community University Partnership Program was highly praised in the Social Responsibility category at the 2009 Green Gown Awards and got an honorable mention at the 2010 Community-Campus Partnerships for Health awards.
According to the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise, 79% of the University of Brighton’s research output is of a high caliber on a global scale. According to the top three grades, 15% of the study is “world-leading,” which is the highest grade, followed by “internationally excellent,” which is the second-highest grade, and “internationally recognized,” which is the third-highest grade.
The University was referred to as one of the “rising stars” in the UK because of its RAE rating, which increased from 80th in 2001 to 59th in 2008. 65 percent of the art and design-related research at the Faculty of Arts was deemed to be “world-leading” or “internationally excellent.” This puts Brighton among the top art and design research hubs in the nation, and Research Fortnight placed the submission second in terms of the quantity and caliber of research.
The purpose of the sports scholarship program is to support students as they reach their maximum athletic potential and train and compete at the highest levels. The institution offers two distinct sports scholarships:
Elite athletes / Elite disabled athletes scholarships
These sports scholarships are intended for students who have competed or performed at a national level and who have the ability and motivation to perform at a world-class level.
Details about University of Brighton Sports Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Brighton, UK
Scholarship Value: Up to £1000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University of Brighton, UK
- Free use of the athletic facilities of the university
- Support for the cost of the academic year, up to £1000
- Efficiency T-shirt
- Access to workshops on sports psychology, technique analysis, nutrition, and fitness training
- assistance for strength and conditioning
- Support for sports science
- Testing of physical performance
- Obtaining inexpensive physiotherapy services
- Discounted access to athletic massage sessions
- A guide for good lifestyle management
- Access to (where available) University of Brighton athletic coaches
- Links to clubs outside our network of partners.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Brighton Sports Scholarships
Applicants are advised to meet the following requirements to be qualified for University of Brighton Sports Scholarships:
- You should have competed or performed at a junior or senior national level and have the drive and ability to compete at the highest level (or similar) in the world in your sport.
- You must have been admitted to a University of Brighton program, already be enrolled there, or be enrolled in a course at a partner university that is getting direct financing.
Application Process for University of Brighton Sports Scholarships
Are you interested and eligible for the scholarship? Fill out the online application form.
The Application Deadline is: Not Specified