Application is now open for the University of Essex MBA Dean’s Award. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Essex and Scholarship
A public research university located in Essex, England called the University of Essex was one of the first plate glass institutions, founded by royal license in 1965. The motto, “Thought the harder, heart the keener,” is taken from the Anglo-Saxon epic The Battle of Maldon, and the university shield is made out of the historic arms that are assigned to the Kingdom of Essex. Wivenhoe Park, Colchester serves as the main campus, and there are three campuses spread around the county: Southend-on-Sea, Loughton, and Wivenhoe Park.
Students who fund their own MBA courses at Essex Business School beginning in October 2024 or January 2025 are eligible for fee savings ranging from 10% to 100% of the total tuition charge. A tuition fee reduction will be provided as the award.
Details about the University of Essex MBA Dean’s Award:
Scholarship Sponsor: Essex Business School/University of Essex, UK
Scholarship Value: Fee discounts between 10% and 100% of tuition fee value
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Postgraduate/Masters
Host Institution(s): University of Essex, UK
Courses: Business Administration
Eligibility Criteria for University of Essex MBA Dean’s Award
Only fully self-funded students are eligible for these awards.
- If a student wants to enroll in the full-time or part-time MBA program beginning in their first year of study at Essex in 2024–2025, they must do so by October 2024 or January 2025.
- There is a cap on the number of scholarships offered, and applicants are evaluated based on priority. Within a fortnight of receiving an offer, students must accept the scholarship.
- A single University of Essex scholarship, including the Alumni Loyalty Discount, may be awarded to a single student. Further restrictions apply.
- Attendance at promotional events will be mandatory for students who get an award.
*Students will be regarded as self-funded if they receive a repayable loan to help pay for their education. This includes, but is not limited to, loans for tuition from the following organizations:
- Social Insurance Institution of Finland (KELA) University of Essex Page 2 of 3
- Student Finance England/Wales/Northern Island
- Student Awards Agency Scotland
- US Federal Direct Loans – Norwegian State Loan (Lanekassen),
- Swedish Board of Student Finance (CSN),
- Denmark State Educational Grant and Loan Scheme.
Students that don’t qualify Despite fulfilling the prerequisites listed above, the following students are not eligible for this scholarship:
- Students taking an entirely online course that is typically offered.
- Deferred admission is not covered by this scholarship offer. In cases where a student who receives a scholarship decides to postpone entry to the next academic year or later in the current academic year (for example, from October to January), the scholarship will be revoked and the applicant will be reassessed based on the terms and conditions that are relevant to the new proposed point of entry and availability.
- Students who receive full or partial funding
- Students making advancements from the University of Essex International College (UEIC) Pathway.
- Students enrolled now whose first year of graduate studies at Essex University took place before the 2024–2025 school year.
- Transferring students coming from another university.
Terms and Conditions
Before applying for or accepting a scholarship or bursary, please make sure you have read the terms and conditions in their entirety. Important details concerning eligibility, whether you need to fill out an application, and how you’ll get your funds are all included in them.
If you’re a current student looking for information about an award you received, see the scholarship’s terms and conditions for previous years.
Application Procedure for University of Essex MBA Dean’s Award
You will be given this award automatically if you fulfill all the requirements for qualifying. You don’t need to fill out an application.
As soon as possible after completing your course application, you will get an invitation for an interview. During your interview, the MBA Team will evaluate you for a scholarship grant. During the interview process, the MBA Team will be specifically seeking proof of:
- Academic merit
- Work experience (quality and relevancy of work experience, not simply time served)
- Your potential contribution to the learning experience of the program
- Ideas on sustainable and entrepreneurial business
- Capability to communicate experience and ideas
- Plans for utilizing the Essex MBA experience after the course
To determine the extent of your reward, the University will also consult your initial application for admission to the course, your resume, and your statement, in addition to official transcripts and certificates. No further proof of support will be considered. The offer letter you get after your interview will contain information on the reward.
The Application Deadline is: Not Specified