Application is now open for the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Greenwich and Scholarship
In London and Kent, the United Kingdom, there is a public institution called the University of Greenwich. Woolwich Polytechnic and Thames Polytechnic were some of its previous titles. The university’s main campus is at the Old Royal Naval College, which is situated in the Royal Borough of Greenwich together with its Avery Hill campus. As a part of a shared campus, Greenwich also maintains a satellite campus in Medway, Kent. Architecture, business, computers, mathematics, education, engineering, humanities, marine studies, natural sciences, pharmacy, and social sciences are among the courses offered by the institution. Abiy Ahmed and Charles K. Kao are two Nobel laureates who attended Greenwich. The UK government’s Teaching Excellence Framework gave it a Silver grade.
The Postgraduate Research Scholarship program at the University of Greenwich in the UK is accepting applications from deserving overseas students who want to enroll in one of the institution’s research programs. The candidate(s) will work on a project to look into stochastic lattice Boltzmann equations (LBEs) to solve mechanistic models of disease spreading to discover relationships between spatially dependent parameters and the spread of infectious diseases. This project will look into lattice Boltzmann modeling of disease outbreaks (Covid-19).
Details about the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Greenwich, UK
Scholarship Value: £15,285
Number of Awards: Not stated
Study Level: Masters and PhD
Host Institution(s): University of Greenwich, UK
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship:
- International students must be eligible to apply.
- The scholarship is available for the University’s master’s and Ph.D. programs in Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- If the chosen candidate is not from the EU/EEA, permission from the Academic Technology permission Scheme may be required.
- A Ph.D. research proposal that is pertinent to the field of study
- Inventive scientific or technological solutions require independent thought and analytical skills.
- Show off your ability to work both alone and collaboratively.
- Display zeal, drive, adaptability, and confidence.
- English Language Requirement: Unless the degree above was taught in English and obtained in a country where English is the majority spoken language, such as the UK, USA, Australia, or New Zealand, applicants whose first language is not English or who are from a country where English is not the majority spoken language (as recognized by the UKBA) must have a language proficiency score of at least 6.5 on the IELTS (in all test-related categories).
The following details are required for all University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship applications. Applications without these supporting papers won’t be taken into consideration.
- Your personal statement explaining why you are applying for the scholarship and the scholarship reference number (Ref) are both included in the personal statement section.
- A suggestion for study on the subject matter
- A resume with two references.
- If you are a foreign applicant, if English is not your first language, or if you are from a nation where English is not the main spoken language, as defined by the UK Border Agency, you must provide academic qualification certificates/transcripts and an IELTS/English Language certificate.
Note: Applicants must attach to the application form’s qualification section. PDF files are required for attachments. You are urged to speak with the Lead Supervisor about the aforementioned information before submitting your application.
University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship – Application Process
The University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship requires all qualified and interested applicants to also apply for a study spot at the university. Then, if they are qualified, they are taken into consideration for the scholarship; all other applications will be rejected. Please click here for further information before completing the online application.
The Submission Deadline is: Not Specified
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK scholarships here.