Application is now open for the University Of Maine Presidential Scholarships. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University Of Maine and Scholarship
In Orono, Maine, the University of Maine (UMaine) is a public land-grant research institution. The University of Maine System’s flagship institution was founded in 1865 as Maine’s land-grant college. It is listed as being in the “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” category.
The biggest college or university in the state is UMaine, which has a student body of about 11,500. The sole Division I athletics program in Maine is run by the Black Bears of the University of Maine. The men’s ice hockey team from Maine has taken home two national titles. One of the top 100 public colleges for research, according to the National Science Foundation, is the University of Maine. 86% of the external research expenditures at the University of Maine in FY10 were funded by the federal government.
Advanced materials, marine sciences, climate change, environmental studies, forestry, precision manufacturing, and aquaculture are the university’s top areas for attracting outside funding. At UMaine, undergraduate research is encouraged. To help students find academic projects that interest them, the Center for Undergraduate Research was created in 2008.
In honor of exceptional academic achievement, the University of Maine grants a small number of International Presidential Scholarships worth US$15,000 each academic year.
Details about University Of Maine Presidential Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: University Of Maine, USA
Scholarship Value: US$15,000
Number of awards: Limited
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): University Of Maine, USA
An offer of admission to the University of Maine is often issued together with an award. As a first-year applicant, a student may enroll for up to 8 semesters (4 academic years), and as a transfer student, up to 6 semesters (3 academic years).
University Of Maine Presidential Scholarships – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to meet the following prerequisites to be qualified for University Of Maine Presidential Scholarships:
- Undergraduate first-year and transfer students from abroad are eligible to apply for this award.
- This grant is not available to students paying the resident tuition rate for Canadians.
- Students who are sponsored are not qualified for this prize.
Note: It doesn’t automatically renew every year. A cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 3.00 and full-time enrollment are requirements for students to continue receiving the award. Furthermore, a student entering as a first-year applicant can get the scholarship for up to 8 semesters (4 academic years) and a transfer student can receive it for up to 4 semesters (2 academic years). The scholarship is only available to recipients who are currently enrolled on a non-immigrant student visa (F-1 or J-1).
- Each year, outstanding overseas applicants are given the University of Maine overseas Presidential Scholarship.
- The school encourages applications from women and individuals from underrepresented nations within the University of Maine’s international student body.
Application Procedure for University Of Maine Presidential Scholarships
- Completing either theCommon Application or the ApplyMaine Application is required.
- Send all prior secondary, high school, or university transcripts (submission requirements by country). If the document is not in English, you must also include a certified English translation.
- The institution will accept copies of the student’s transcripts and test results sent to email@example.com. Once accepted, the student must provide the office with appropriate documentation before they may register for classes.
- Submit the results of your English language exam. See their test waiver policies, acceptable tests, and minimal prerequisites lower on this page.
- You may pay the $50 non-refundable application fee here.
- Send a Declaration of Finances and any necessary documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org via email. Note: This form expedites the issuance of the I-20 (immigration document) if it is submitted with the application.
- Email an image of your passport’s ID page to email@example.com.
International Presidential Scholarships: When an applicant’s entrance application is examined, they are considered for this scholarship. No further application is necessary. To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants do not need to submit their SAT and ACT results.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: November 1, 2023