Application is now open for the University of Twente Scholarship for Excellent International Students. Interested applicants are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Twente and Scholarship
In Enschede, the Netherlands, there is a public technical university known as the University of Twente (UT; Dutch: Universiteit Twente; Pronunciation: [ynivrsitit tnt]). The institution is among the top 170 universities in the world according to many central ranking tables.
Outstanding non-EU/EEA students seeking admission to the MSc program at the University of Twente may apply for the University Twente Scholarship (UTS).
- Become one of the brightest UT students.
- Exclusive opportunity to register in one of the three honors programs, Design honors, Change leaders, or Research honors.
Details about the University of Twente Scholarship for Excellent International Students:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Twente, Netherlands
Scholarship Value: € 3,000 – € 22,000
Number of awards: Several
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): University of Twente, Netherlands
- 3,000 to 22,000 euros per year (about 50 scholarships are available). If you have applied for a two-year program, please read the information about two-year study programs below.
- Take a look at the overview of the estimated costs of living (excluding tuition fees) for students attending the University of Twente.
Please Note: This scholarship is intended to cover expenses associated with studying. How the money is used is entirely up to the scholarship recipient. You won’t have any expenses (like tuition) paid for you.
TWO-YEAR STUDY PROGRAMME
Students may be eligible for an additional UTS in an amount equal to that of the first year to cover the costs of the second year of a two-year study program. However, the scholarship will only continue beyond the first year provided the applicants meet UTS’s requirements.
You should have acquired:
- End of the third quartile of the first year, an average grade of 7 (out of 10)
- The third quarter of the first year saw at least 50% of European Credits.
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Twente Scholarship for Excellent International Students
Applicants are advised to meet the following prerequisites to be eligible for the University of Twente Scholarship:
- The procedure for registering for classes at the University of Twente is different from the one for applying for a UT scholarship. You must first get a letter of academic acceptance, regardless of funding.
- You’ve been admitted (provisionally) to one of the UT Master programs that meets your requirements, and you can start there in the autumn of the 2024–2025 academic year. Please be advised that after completing your application, you might not hear anything for up to 8 weeks.
- Your student number is a must.
- You have not completed a UT (under)graduate degree; you meet the prerequisites for receiving a visa to enter the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You are qualified to take the general English language test. IELTS Academic 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) with a speaking skills bonus of 6.0 (TOEFL iBT of 20). subscore
- Dutch study loans are not available to you;
- A reward for top students is the University Twente reward. This normally signifies that you are in the top 5 to 10 percent of your class.
- Dutch and/or present UT students cannot utilize the UTS.
- EU and EEA citizens are not permitted to enroll at UTS.
- The UTS is not available for Master’s studies at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC).
- The UTS is not accessible through the pre-Masters program. Pre-Master students at UTS are also not eligible to apply for the UTS if they want to continue their studies for a Master’s degree.
Interview Date, and Process for the University of Twente Scholarship for Excellent International Students
Application deadline – round 1:
- Application form opens on 15 October 2023, 09.00 CET
- Application forms close on 1 February 2024, 16.00 CET (for programs starting September 2024)
Application deadline – round 2:
- Application form opens on 1 February 2024, 16.00 CET
- Application form closes on 1 May 2024, 16.00 CET (for programs starting September 2024)
An application in round 2 is not taken into consideration if your round 1 application was denied. You are only eligible to receive one UT scholarship.
Application Procedure for the University of Twente Scholarship for Excellent International Students
You must first apply for a Master’s program. You can use your student ID to apply for the scholarship after submitting an application for a Master’s degree and getting a letter of (conditional) admission. UTS is not available to Dutch or current UT students. EU and EEA citizens are not permitted to enroll at UTS. The UTS is not available for Master’s studies at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC). The UTS is not accessible through the pre-Masters program.
You can also visit the UTS website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: May 1, 2024