Application is now open for the University of New South Wales UNSW International Scientia Coursework Scholarship. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of New South Wales and Scholarship
The University of New South Wales (UNSW), also recognized as UNSW Sydney, stands as a prominent public research institution located in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Established in 1949, UNSW holds the distinction of being one of the founding members of the Group of Eight, a prestigious coalition of research-intensive universities in Australia.
UNSW is globally recognized for its commitment to research and is an active participant in Universitas 21, a global network comprising leading research universities. The university boasts international exchange programs and research collaborations with over 200 universities worldwide, solidifying its position in various domestic and international university rankings.
Specializing in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), UNSW comprises seven faculties that offer a diverse range of bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs. The main campus is situated in the Eastern Suburbs, specifically in the suburb of Kensington, approximately 7 kilometers from the Sydney central business district (CBD). UNSW Art & Design, the creative arts faculty, is located in Paddington, with additional sub-campuses spread across Sydney, including the CBD, Randwick, and Coogee. The university also maintains research stations throughout the state of New South Wales.
The second-largest campus of UNSW, known as UNSW Canberra at ADFA (formerly UNSW at ADFA), is located in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory (ACT). This campus is uniquely focused on defense-related academic programs and operates within the Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA).
Recognizing the importance of supporting students in their academic pursuits, UNSW offers a diverse range of scholarships and awards for international undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students embarking on full-time studies. These scholarships may cover full or partial tuition fees, and some also provide stipends to assist with the associated costs of education, underlining UNSW’s commitment to fostering academic excellence on a global scale.
Details about the University of New South Wales UNSW International Scientia Coursework Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of New South Wales, Australia
Scholarship Value: Check Below
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Host Institution(s): University of New South Wales, Australia
- Offer 1: A scholarship covering the full cost of tuition, paid straight toward tuition for the required minimum length of the program
- Offer 2: $20,000 annually paid directly toward tuition for the required minimum number of years in the program
Additionally, the following might be provided to Scholarship recipients:
- Assurance of a “fast-track” application and interview for UNSW Kensington College on-campus housing
- Greetings for UNSW networking functions
- Admission to the UNSW Professional Development Program is assured
- Awarding Ceremony for the Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria for University of New South Wales UNSW International Scientia Coursework Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for the University of New South Wales UNSW International Scientia Coursework Scholarship:
- Be an international student;
- be starting a full-time, on-campus coursework program at UNSW, either undergraduate or graduate (except from UNSW Online and UNSW Canberra); and
- have, by Thursday, November 30, 2023, received an offer of admission* into a program that qualifies for Term 1 2024.
- * One of the following must be included in admissions offers:
- Undergraduate or postgraduate Letter of Offer (unconditional); or
- Undergraduate or postgraduate Conditional English Package Offer (UEEC) – scholars must be enrolled in the UNSW Institute of Languages and complete the program before commencing in Term 1 2024.
Each candidate will be evaluated on their ability to show:
- Academic Merit
- Extra-curricular activities (sporting, cultural activities, volunteer/work experience)
- Reasons for undertaking studies at UNSW
- Leadership skills (school, workplace, or community)
Application Process for University of New South Wales UNSW International Scientia Coursework Scholarship
The Submission Deadline is: November 30, 2023