Application is now open for the Jesus College Oxford Visiting Senior Research Fellowship. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Jesus College Oxford and Fellowship
Jesus College Oxford, founded in 1571 by Elizabeth I, is a self-governing educational charity and one of the 39 constituent colleges of Oxford University. The College has approximately 100 Fellows, 50 lecturers, 330 postgraduates, a little under 400 undergraduates, and 90 support personnel, and is led by Professor Sir Nigel Shadbolt, FRS FREng. The College is situated in a lovely historic location in the heart of Oxford, with easy access to the Bodleian Library and other University libraries, the Science Area, and the University’s department and academic buildings. The College can accommodate nearly all of its students thanks to two annex locations in north and east Oxford.
Jesus College, Oxford, provides a Visiting Senior Research Fellowship to a scholar of worldwide repute in research who has a remunerated position at another university or comparable and desires to spend time in Oxford conducting research. Jesus College is dedicated to encouraging and supporting the greatest levels of education, learning, scholarship, and research among its students and academic staff while maintaining a casual and pleasant culture.
Details about Jesus College Oxford Visiting Senior Research Fellowship:
Scholarship Sponsor: Jesus College Oxford, UK
Scholarship Value: Check Below
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Fellowship
Host Institution(s): Jesus College Oxford, UK
- Free housing is often a one-bedroom apartment with a study, living room, kitchen, and bathroom, appropriate for a single individual or couple. The apartment is in Thelwall House, which is on Herbert Close in east Oxford, adjacent to the College’s playing grounds. More details are available at https://www.jesus.ox.ac.uk/study-here/life-at-jesus/accomodation/. (Utility expenses will be borne by the Fellow.) Alternative lodging may be available in the Cheng Yu Tung Building’s single-occupancy units. While there is very limited housing suited for individuals with families at the College, the school would make every effort to find suitable accommodation for a successful applicant who chose to bring their family to Oxford.
- Dining Privileges: During term and vacation, the Fellow will be entitled to free lunch and supper in the Senior Common Room, save when the kitchens are closed.
- College office area (supplied with a normal Windows desktop PC and a black and white printer)
- Membership in the Senior Common Room (SCR) is £60 per year. Please keep in mind that a Visiting Senior Research Fellowship does not imply participation in the Governing Body.
Eligibility Criteria for Jesus College Oxford Visiting Senior Research Fellowship
The College welcomes submissions from applicants in any field of research, with a preference for candidates in the Humanities and Social Sciences this year. Women and people of color, who are under-represented in academic positions at Oxford, are especially encouraged to apply.
The successful applicants will meet the following criteria:
- Have a significant worldwide academic distinction in research.
- Hold a paid position at another university or similar.
- Make plans to spend time at Oxford to further their research.
- Would like to spend one term or one academic year at Oxford.
- The VSRF is available to candidates from any field of research, however, candidates in the Humanities and Social Sciences are preferred this year.
- Women, as well as black and minority ethnic individuals, who are under-represented in academic positions in Oxford, are encouraged to apply.
- Participate in College life if you are willing and able to support the College’s activities.
Please note that each applicant will be asked to upload the following (PDF files only):
- A full Curriculum Vitae.
- A proposal for the use of the time in Oxford.
- A note containing the names and contact details which includes email addresses, of three referees.
Each candidate should ask their referees to upload their reference letters through the reference submission portal at https://ams.jesus.ox.ac.uk/Forms/url/VSRFRef.
Application Procedure for Jesus College Oxford Visiting Senior Research Fellowship
Interested and qualified students should complete the online form by the closing date of Friday, 16 February 2024. It is the responsibility of candidates to ask their referees to upload their reference letters through the reference submission portal by the same date.
Queries may be addressed through the Principal’s PA, Helen Gee (email@example.com).
The Application Deadline is: February 16, 2024