Application is now open for Wanago Access Scholarships for Young Women at the University of Technology Sydney. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the University of Technology Sydney and Scholarship
In Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, there is a public research institution called the University of Technology Sydney (UTS). Although the university’s roots as a technical school may be traced back to 1878 through the Sydney Technical College, which was the forerunner to the New South Wales Institute of Technology (NSWIT), the university was created in its current form in 1988. UTS is a founding member of Universities Australia (UA), the Worldwide Universities Network (WUN), and the Australian Technology Network (ATN).
The university’s nine faculties and schools, which together oversee 210 postgraduate courses and 130 undergraduate courses, are organized into nine departments. The institution welcomed 44,615 new students in 2022, including 32,825 undergraduates. The institution is home to approximately 45 research institutes and centers that frequently work with business and governmental partners.
UTS was placed ninth in Australia and 90th overall in the 2024 QS World University Rankings. According to the 2023 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, UTS is rated 133rd globally and ninth in Australia. In the 2022 U.S. News & World Report Best Global Universities Rankings, UTS was placed 127th globally and 9th in Australia. The university is listed in the 2021 Academic Ranking of World Universities between positions 201 to 300.
According to the Times Higher Education Young University Rankings for universities under 50 years old published in 2022, UTS placed first in Australia and eighth overall.
In a similar vein, UTS placed first in Australia and eleventh worldwide in the 2021 QS Top 50 Under 50 Rankings among institutions created less than 50 years ago. UTS was placed 70th in computer science, 81st in law, and 90th in education globally in the 2022 Times Higher Education Rankings. UTS is ranked fourth in computer science, seventh in law, and eighth in education in Australia.
UTS was placed 11th globally in nursing, 25th in arts and design, and 29th globally in sport and exercise by the QS World University Rankings in 2021. For accounting and finance, architecture, civil engineering, communication & media studies, computer science, electrical engineering, and law, UTS is listed among the top 100 universities in the world.
The University of Technology Sydney is happy to announce the Outstanding Wanago Access Scholarships for Young Women for the academic year 2023 to offer a premium education and distinctive student experience at a competitive price. For the academic year 2023–2024, domestic students may apply for financing if they plan to enroll in an authorized undergraduate program.
Details about Wanago Access Scholarships for Young Women at the University of Technology Sydney:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Scholarship Value: Up to $50,000
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Bachelor
Host Institution(s): University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for Wanago Access Scholarships for Young Women
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Wanago Access Scholarships for Young Women at the University of Technology Sydney:
- Eligible nations include Australia
- Eligible Subjects or Courses: be planning to enroll full-time in any undergraduate program in engineering or information technology, except combination degrees
- Eligibility Requirements: It is necessary to fulfill the following qualifying requirements:
- a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa or an Australian permanent residence visa;
- possess a gender identity;
- own a UTS Wanago Program diploma;
- have fulfilled the requirements for direct enrollment at UTS through the Wanago Program;
- have gotten the Wanago Program Head Teacher’s support;
- Have applied for an Equity Scholarship;
- Education Access Scheme, or School’s Recommendation Scheme through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC), demonstrating financial disadvantage and/or other types of disadvantage.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must attach documents of their prior academic credentials to be admitted to the diploma degree program.
- Candidates should review the English language requirement criteria before applying to universities.
A Scholarship Selection Committee will be provided with eligible candidates and will choose the Scholarship Recipients based on the following selection criteria:
- dedication and drive to excel in a STEM career
- Value received as a result of their Wanago Program Participation
- Inspiration to serve as a spokesperson or role model for other young ladies and to help the Wanago participants of the future
- Insufficient funds or other kinds of disadvantage.
- Applicants who can demonstrate financial need through the UAC Equity Scholarship, the School’s Recommendation, or the Education Access Scheme will be given preference.
Documents Required for Application
- A copy of the curriculum vitae
- A copy of the passport’s name page
- A copy of the academic transcript.
Application Procedure for Wanago Access Scholarships for Young Women
The Application Deadline is: 09 October 2023