Application is now open for the Western Australian Premier’s University Scholarships at the University of Notre Dame Australia. Interested candidates are encouraged to send in their applications before the deadline date.
About the University of Notre Dame Australia and Scholarship
The University of Notre Dame Australia (UNDA) is a private, national Roman Catholic institution having campuses in Sydney, New South Wales, and Fremantle, Western Australia. As part of its school of medicine, the institution also offers eight clinical schools spread around Sydney, Melbourne, as well as rural New South Wales and Victoria.
The Scholarship’s goal is to entice fresh, bright foreign students from key target markets to Western Australia to study a variety of subjects connected to those priority sectors and businesses. The $50,000 scholarship will be transferred in semester payments during the student’s program to the successful applicant’s fee and tuition accounts. Each semester until 2026, one scholarship will be offered to a successful overseas student studying at The University of Notre Dame Australia.
Details about Western Australian Premier’s University Scholarships at the University of Notre Dame Australia:
Scholarship Sponsor: University of Notre Dame Australia
Scholarship Value: $50,000
Number of awards: 1
Study level: PhD
Host Institution(s): University of Notre Dame Australia
The $50,000 grant will be applied in semester installments against the selected applicant’s fee and tuition accounts.
Method of payment:
a) After the census date for each semester, the scholarship will be credited to the successful student’s account with the university as a $50,000 fee discount for applicable program fees.
b) Payment will only be made if the student continues to make Satisfactory Academic Progress and adheres to the terms of Clause 11.
Eligibility Criteria for Western Australian Premier’s University Scholarships
Candidates are advised to meet the following conditions to be qualified for Western Australian Premier’s University Scholarships at the University of Notre Dame Australia:
- A letter of offer for a new enrollment* as an international student onshore, beginning full-time studies (minimum two years) in Semester 1 or Semester 2 2024 at one of Western Australia’s five universities, or start date after January 1, 2024, applicable to the student’s course of study (for PhD students), must have been received.
- Arriving in Western Australia for a certain semester in 2024 to start their education during that semester. (Never attended a WA university before)
- Have fulfilled the requirements to be granted an international student visa to study in Australia, arriving in the State of Western Australia (the State) in 2024 during the semester for which they have applied, and starting their studies onshore.
- Not starting your education through a bundled, foundational, or English language pathway but rather straight into an undergraduate or graduate program.
- If they are successful in receiving a WA Premier’s University Scholarship, they should be ready to turn down any other scholarships they may have previously received from the University, the State, or the Commonwealth.
- As an international fee-paying student, you should apply to the university.
- Be a national of one of the following nations and apply to the university from a country other than Australia:
• Oman • Republic of Korea (South Korea) • Saudi Arabia • Singapore • South Africa • Sri Lanka • Bangladesh • Bhutan • Brazil • China • Colombia • Hong Kong • India • Indonesia • Japan • Kenya • Malaysia • Nepal • The Philippines • Vietnam • Zimbabwe
- Be enrolled for the duration of their degree at the University of Notre Dame’s Fremantle campus.
The candidate who, in the judgment of the Selection Committee, most convincingly shows via their application and accompanying documentation:
a) Evidence of exemplary academic performance as assessed by the University of Notre Dame
b) Candidates may need to complete an extra qualitative evaluation by answering questions in a written or spoken form.
c) The University of Notre Dame will choose which programs and degree levels are open to applications.
- Applications must be submitted through the university’s application form, and selections will be made after review of the application and any supporting materials.
- Email will be used to inform each applicant of the results.
- The scholarship may not be awarded, at the discretion of the university.
DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
b) The Scholarship cannot be redeemed for cash and cannot be transferred to any other organization or institution.
CONCURRENT SCHOLARSHIPS It is not permitted to hold two scholarships at once.
Application Procedure for Western Australian Premier’s University Scholarships
Interested and qualified applicants must fill out an online application form. Please visit the Western Australian Premier’s University Scholarship Conditions before you complete the form. The criteria for applying will change based on the scholarship. Scholarships may be given out based on merit (such as academic success), equity (such as financial need), a combination of these elements, or both. It’s crucial to provide supporting documents in your application to show how you satisfy the requirements to be competitive. Some scholarships are available to first-year students without an application. When you apply to study at Notre Dame, you will be immediately considered, and these are frequently given based on merit.
How to write a personal statement
The majority of scholarships require you to provide a personal statement with your application. It helps to utilize examples from real-world situations and to be open and sincere about your situation. Read the requirements for the scholarship you are applying for, and then compose your application based on the pertinent standards that are provided. You may get instructions on how to handle some of the most typical criteria by clicking on each heading below:
- Financial need
- Personal circumstances
- Academic merit
- Community service
You could also be asked to provide one (1) or two (2) written references in support of your scholarship application. This can be a current or previous teacher or employer, or it might be a character reference from a member of your neighborhood who is not linked to you. Following the instructions on the scholarship application website, submit your application before the deadline once you have gathered the necessary materials and proofread it.
The Submission Deadline is: November 30, 2023