Application is now open for Yenching Academy Scholarship at Peking University. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About Peking University and Scholarship
Peking University is a national public research university in Beijing, China (Chinese: PKU). The Chinese Ministry of Education sponsors and is linked with the university. It belongs to the C9 League, the Double First Class University Plan, the previous Project 985, and the previous Project 211.
When the Guangxu Emperor granted the institution a royal charter, the university was officially founded as the Imperial University of Peking. The Imperial University of Peking was renamed Peking University by the Republic of China government on May 3, 1912. After the 1952 national reorganization of schools and departments, Peking University and Yenching University amalgamated. Beijing Medical University and Peking University combined on April 3, 2000, becoming the Peking University Health Science Center.
There are six faculties at Peking University: humanities, social sciences, economics and management, science, IT and engineering, and health science. It has 60 research organizations, 55 colleges and departments, and 10 linked hospitals. By 2017, 76 academicians from the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 19 from the Chinese Academy of Engineering, and 25 from the World Academy of Sciences were employed by Peking University.
Peking University was placed first in Asia and 12th overall in the 2023 QS Rankings. Peking University was rated first in China and the Asia-Pacific region and sixteenth overall in the world as of 2022 according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Peking University’s teaching and research performance indices were ranked fourth and ninth globally, respectively. In The Three University Missions Ranking, Peking University was also placed first in Asia-Pacific and fifteenth overall. Peking University was ranked 29th overall, third in Asia, and second in China in the Academic Ranking of World Universities, often known as the “Shanghai Ranking”. Peking University was ranked 39th overall by U.S. News & World Report, 4th in Asia, and 2nd in China.
Applications are now being accepted in China for the Yenching Academy Scholarship 2024 at Peking University. This scholarship is open to international students from wherever in the globe. Anyone interested in applying for a prestigious scholarship to study for a master’s degree is welcome to do so. A fully funded scholarship opportunity in China is being offered by Peking University for the 2024–2025 academic year. Notably, there is no application cost for this award.
Details about Yenching Academy Scholarship at Peking University:
Scholarship Sponsor: Peking University, China
Scholarship Value: Fully Funded
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): Peking University, China
A comprehensive, fully-funded scholarship, the Peking University Yenching Academy Scholarship 2024 in China covers all of the chosen applicant’s tuition costs. The following are some advantages of the Yenching Academy Fellowship:
1. Complete payment of tuition.
2. The payment of a lodging allowance.
3. A monthly allowance.
4. Travel costs for roundtrip.
5. Amount to cover field study expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for Yenching Academy Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for Yenching Academy Scholarship at Peking University:
- All nationalities of overseas students may apply for this award.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, or be enrolled in a Bachelor’s program now and on pace to complete it by August 31, 2024,*;
- A strong interest in studying China transdisciplinary; an exceptional academic record;
- English proficiency; a track record of extracurricular success, involvement in the community, social responsibility, and leadership potential
*Students are not permitted to enroll in other degree programs while attending Peking University.
Application Process for Yenching Academy Scholarship
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment;
- Two academic letters of recommendation;
- English requirements and minimum scores:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or less);
- Statement of Research Interest (maximum 1500 words, excluding citations);
○ Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
○ CET 6: Overall 600
○ TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or above
○ IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
○ TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Submission Deadline is: December 3, 2023