Application is now open for the Newton Education Services Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship. Interested applicants are encouraged to send their applications in before the deadline date.
About the Institution and Scholarship
Newton is the top provider of educational consulting and services in Egypt and the MENA area, providing support to academic institutions, financial bodies, governmental entities, and private clients. There are now five services that Newton provides: student counseling, scholarship administration, test-prep classes, university recruiting, and consultant services.
A group of alumni from Thunderbird, Harvard, and the American University in Cairo who had worked extensively in the field of international education launched Newton Education Services in 2013.
At the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, you may earn a master’s degree in development practice from one of the top 10 universities in the world. The Sawiris Foundation for Social Development’s scholarship is managed by Newton Education Services.
Details about Newton Education Services Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: Newton Education Services
Scholarship Value: Fully funded
Number of awards: N/A
Study level: Masters
Host Institution(s): University of Minnesota, USA
Courses: Masters of Development Practice (MDP)
Eligibility Criteria for Newton Education Services Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship
Applicants are advised to meet the following conditions to be eligible for the Newton Education Services Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship:
- must have Egyptian nationality and reside in Egypt (holders of multiple nationalities will not receive priority).
- Applicants agree to submit documentation of their income.
- Commitment to spend at least two (2) years straight working in Egypt’s development sector after completing the YLSS program
- English proficiency is necessary. Exam dates for the TOEFL or IELTS must fall within two years of the beginning of the graduate program. Minimum necessary scores: 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section) or 100 (TOEFL internet-based, minimum 22 on each section)
- It is advised that you have taken prior math, statistics, and economics courses.
- While no particular academic path is necessary, Humphrey School of Public Affairs students will do best if they have a solid liberal arts education and excellent mathematical and analytical abilities.
- Financial needs, academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, and social conduct are all taken into consideration when deciding who gets a scholarship.
- Possess a strong background in both academia and the workplace.
- Comply with the MDP academic program’s entrance criteria.
- Give evidence of having worked in the development sector for at least two years.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent, in a comparable field of study from an accredited university.
- 50-credit academic master’s program completion in two academic years
- completion of an 8–10 week summer field experience in the middle of the program
- after graduating, employment in Egypt’s development industry for a minimum of two years
- application form with the personal statement completed
- a copy of a valid passport’s ID page
- a copy of the National ID
- A copy of the guarantor’s national identification card is required because they are the ones who sign the contract with the approved student. This individual can be the child’s mother, father, sister, or brother. The guarantor’s responsibility is to make sure the student honors his or her obligations.)
- updated resume
- both graduate students and undergraduates, if any transcripts
- TOEFL, IELTS, and Duolingo scores
- two recommendation letters
- one personal picture
- HR letter from the present company, together with the pay stub or, in the event of unemployment, a bank statement.
Application Process for Newton Education Services Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship
Log in or register for the scholarship and follow the below procedure.
- Please make sure to provide the proper papers in their respective sections.
- Failure to adhere to the application instructions will result in the dismissal of the application.
- All information should be complete and accurate.
- All necessary information and documents should be entered.
The Application Deadline is: October 12, 2023
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here.